Today marks a first for adding a date to my event calendar and also using my mailing list.
Music promotion is not really why I got into music, but people coming to shows is very important for the following reasons.
- Venues are businesses and want money
- To make money they need to sell alcohol
- To sell alcohol they need people
- People, like me. like to make music
- We also like to make people watch us play it
- For this reason we shamelessly (well most of the time) promote ourselves
- People then come to the gigs and drink alcohol
- If enough alcohol is sold the venue will think the band is good
Therefore Alcohol Sales = Success.
Therefore come to my gigs and drink a lot. I personally don’t really drink much and don’t really condone the consumption of copious amounts of alcohol, unless of course it makes me look good.
So long story short the details are:
Curlew play at the Zoo (funny yeah, animals at the Zoo, ha ha ha) Dad Joke, not actually a joke my Dad made but you get it.
Wednesday April 18
Costs $6 presale or $8 on the door. (I have some tickets, but really the cost of contacting me then arrange payment is probably worth just coming on the night and surprising me . Alternatively you could surprise me and buy a ticket and not come)
The address is 711 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley and we play at 8 on the dot. (We will play our best song first so if you miss it, well yeah)
Come and watch Callum and I express ourselves. Or maybe its Callum and I expressing me. I’m not sure how he views it.
End of transmission
Proof reading is for pussies